Author Topic: Changing Headlights on a 05 Vauxhall Astra  (Read 4352 times)

Changing Headlights on a 05 Vauxhall Astra
« on: October 11, 2009, 02:15:23 PM »
Hi Guys

Hope someone can give me some advice?

I have a 2005 1.9CDTi SRi Vaxhaull Astra and today one of the main headlights blew.

I ventured down to Halfords and purchased a new one.

Once at home I went to fit the new bulb but could not find an access point to the headlight unit. I have reviewed online and someone has told me that you have to remove the bumper to access the bolt which enables you to remove the headlight casing to access the bulbs.

Is this true or just a wind up? Its not april the 1st but it seems like alot of hassle just to change a light bulb!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

Advertisement

losmaster

• View Profile
Re: Changing Headlights on a 05 Vauxhall Astra
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 06:46:04 PM »
This isn't a common vehicle here in the US, so I honestly, don't have a clue..... but there's a site I found on google, dedicated to Vauxhall's.....and.....someone asked this same question there(not sure about the model though)......the majority of the answers, seemed to indicate an access panel in the inner fender(wheel well area), then with the hood up, you can get your hand thru the access panel, while peeking over the edge of the fender, to see how to replace the halogen bulb.....course, there was "one post" that also mentioned removing the bumper cover or something   Laughing

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via twitter

Advertisement

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 01:00:52 AM »
If this works mate, you owes me a basket of fish n chips                                                                                                                                                  Copied from vauxhallownersclub formum:

the bulbs in the front outer lights are replaced through your front wheel arch (you will ne to turn the wheel to full lock to do this. otherwise if its the middle lights you need to do this through the bonnet

Hope that helps

Advertisement

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 11:57:07 AM »
retired is right, but in most cases its easier to remove the wheel.

Share Topic

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter